The ministry of greeting is perhaps one of the most crucial in the church because it is one of the most visible. It is a ministry vital to the saving work of the church.
Duties of the Head Greeter:
Scheduling and coordinating all greeter activities.
Duties of Greeter:
- Welcomes those entering the building for Sabbath services and/or church events.
- The goal is to make each person who enters know that he or she is welcome here, feel as comfortable as possible, and receive what information they might need. Tasks include:
- Greeting and opening doors
- Giving out bulletins and welcome packets
- Assisting visitors in filling out registration cards
- Being warm and friendly, yet perceptive of each person’s differing comfort levels. A happy face and cheerful countenance is essential.